Gym Floor Maintenance
- Make sure the heating / venting / air conditioning system is functioning properly.
- Maintain indoor relative humidity between 35-50% and air temperature between 55 and 75 degrees year-round.
- Change your air filters quarterly to prevent unwanted particulates from entering the gym.
- Keep the floor dry and wipe up any moisture as soon as possible.
- Sweep the floor daily with a properly treated dust mop.
- Remove heel marks using an approved floor cleaner applied with a soft cloth or dust mop.
- Protect the floor when moving heavy portable equipment.
- Do not use crowned or rigid wheels on your gym floor.
- During wet weather, check for water leaks around doors and windows.
- Place entrance mats anywhere people will be entering the gym from the outside.
- Clean mats once per week to eliminate dirt and debris.
- Keep street / dress shoes off the gym floor as they can scratch and dull the finish.
- Do not allow food, drink, or gum near the gym surface.
- Avoid high velocity impact activities such as floor hockey, baseball or shot put practice.